Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game: #421 [Clash of Legends] Tolkien’s War of Dwarves and Orcs Circa 2973
(08-22-2017, 03:17 AM)GrimFinger Wrote: Thus begins my attempt to create a set of turn orders for the Northmen position in Game #421, the night before the deadline date. Here are some of my thoughts about what I encounter. Note that the wait until I have about a single day or so to try and figure out what to do is deliberate, on my part. This increases the stress factor, but the point is to see how intuitive that the game's interface feels.

Thank you for the feedback. We improved a few things based on it.

1) We added a message in the beginners section to highlight the importance of reading the rules. In your post, a lot of the pain was caused because you were trying to learn a complex and rich game without knowing (or investing the time to know) the most basic concepts. The Counselor is not meant to be a tool to help beginners. The Beginners Guide and Players Reference Sheet are, in combination with the rules. They were both referred to in the very first message you received for this game.

This is an example of how the PRS could have helped with the time you took to understand where to add actions: 
Actions are what you, the player, do to control your nation from turn to turn. All characters you control may take actions, the type of actions depend on the character skills and status. See Characters below.

2) We noticed that the term slot was being overloaded. Depending on the context, slot could mean an action or a parameter. Now they are always qualified ad Action Slots or Parameter Slots.

3) We reviewed all mentions to packages to make sure they read as Startup Packages. Those are the unique boost packages that can be chosen by a player to make the nation more unique.

4) We will add a FAQ with the information that the rules PDF can be opened by Google Docs or Microsoft Word where one can change the font's size as desired. Or get new glasses if the eyes are too tired.  Cool

5) We put in a request to have the Counselor creating the rules PDF on the fly then allowing the player to choose the font size. You'd you prefer a font 18 and print twice as many pages, you got it!

6) Next time a player thinks: "What do I do? How do I do?", we strongly recommend them to read the rules. Or at least skim through it to find the answers. them let us know if the answers are not there. From what we can tell, all the answers you were looking for were both in the rules PDF and the Counselor help, while the most basic ones were also in the Player Reference Sheet.

7) As more people will read this post, we will have more feedback on how to improve things and they will be implemented.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issuing Orders for Turn #1 - Game #421 - War of Dwarves and Orcs - by John M - 08-22-2017, 09:41 PM