Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas - Submit Ideas Here!
Just precede each idea with a number, and keep the numbering sequence going, from person to person, as more and more ideas get submitted by more and more people as time progresses.

1. PBM Yearbook - Not sure if there would be any actual interest in this idea, in light of the fact that so many PBM gamers and Suspense & Decision contributors and readers seem to be apprehensive about sending in photos of themselves. I thought of the PBM Yearbook concept a few days ago, and I didn't want to get sidetracked and simply forget to mention it, which had the side benefit of causing me to create this forum thread for the collective sharing of ideas that could hold positive potential for growing the overall PBM player base and for promoting play by mail gaming as a hobby and form of entertainment for the public masses.
Submitted by: GrimFinger - 08/11/2017

2. PBM Report Cards - I have mentioned this idea in the past, and it's something that I still think has merit. It's all in the implementation of the concept, I suppose, as is the case with most other things, and I seriously doubt that a "perfect" incarnation of such a concept is possible. Suspense & Decision isn't a perfect PBM magazine, but I think that it still legitimately qualifies as one. Historically and traditionally, PBM moderators and PBM companies haven't always enjoyed having their games or their service offerings criticized by the public, but a report card for PBM games or PBM companies doesn't have to be something with only negative connotations. PBM report cards might make for useful memes for sharing on social media, for example, and if done at set intervals, they could possibly build a sense of anticipation across the PBM industry.
Submitted by: GrimFinger - 08/11/2017

3. PBM Tournament & PBM Champion - Players would compete in special games organized by PlayByMail.Net. PBM champions in various PBM games could be declared in those games. Some type of prize or special award or recognition to game winners.
Submitted by: GrimFinger - 08/12/2017

4. PBM News - where GMs can post any news related to their games. New features, new games, special events, tournaments, etc.
Submitted by: Angerak - 08/13/2017

5. Perhaps save reviews, interviews, and article-length stuff for Suspense & Decision?  - I guess my concern is that stuff that appears on those sub forums takes good content away from the 'zine. (YMMV, yadda yadda yadda.)
Submitted by: Participant-Observer - 08/17/2017

Messages In This Thread
Ideas - Submit Ideas Here! - by GrimFinger - 08-12-2017, 12:56 AM
RE: Ideas - Submit Ideas Here! - by GrimFinger - 08-17-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: Ideas - Submit Ideas Here! - by GrimFinger - 08-19-2017, 03:39 PM
RE: Ideas - Submit Ideas Here! - by GrimFinger - 08-19-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: Ideas - Submit Ideas Here! - by Greybeard - 09-14-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: Ideas - Submit Ideas Here! - by Davin - 09-15-2017, 02:28 PM