Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[S&D SUGGESTIONS] Small Ads/ Classifieds
(08-09-2017, 05:13 PM)Angerak Wrote: I'm looking forward to when I have enough free time to play a game.  When I do, I'll try to remember to give it a try.  My memory isn't what it used to be.  At least, I don't think so ...

It's like they say, when you get older your memory is the second thing to go ... I forget what the first thing is.

Time requirements for Galac-Tac vary widely based on your style of play.  Some people (like me) spend hours on a turn figuring out the details of how to do things in the best and most efficient possible way.  Other people just throw together the main commands they need and they're done in 15 minutes (and do pretty well that way).  It all depends on what you're wanting to get out of it.

FWIW, in the beginning of the game really all you're doing is some simple expansion work and there aren't many decisions to be made.  (For instance, send all the cargo ships I've got to the nearest unknown stars and there's not much more to it than that.)  So in the beginning it doesn't take much time at all.   After about a dozen turns you'll probably start running into other people, and that will get more interesting (provided that you've done a good job during expansion to have some choices).

The most time-consuming part in the beginning used to be reading the manual, but if you'll read some of my introductory articles instead you'll even be spared that for quite some time.

The good thing about getting started now is (a) playing for free, and (b) playing against all the local denizens that you've "met" and can chat with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [S&D SUGGESTIONS] Small Ads/ Classifieds - by Davin - 08-09-2017, 05:48 PM