Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue #14 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine
What can I say, Picasso?  It's your thing, do what you want to do.  Anything is better than nothing and you are picking up the gauntlet unlike anyone else and you are entitled to your, perhaps, peculiar, way to go about it.  Yeah, you aren't making any money, likely losing some to do this as a benefit to the players that like this style of games.  

Just keep doing it.  Make your choices.  But if I miss a promised article submission because the deadline was 10 days after the last issue was published, just understand. 

As just a reader opinion, along the lines of this discussion, I would like about 50 pages bi-monthly.  And you should charge for advertising.  I think you should edit out some of the stuff submitted, although I realize in this time its probably more time consuming than just keeping everything in.  It's just, if everything gets in, doesn't that make it closer to junk mail?

I am putting together an Alamaze article, more in what I think is missing for players trying to discover new games: just explaining the basics, not way deep into some specifics in games players don't know.  So I want to show a couple maps, an extract from a turn or two results, and let that do most of the talking. 

Anyway, I want to be encouraging.  I think I am engaged in what you are doing, Grim.  It's just most of us are accustomed to deadlines, and, editing for stuff that is not too good. 

On a completely different note, I have been asked several times lately who are the remaining major PBEM companies?  I can't give a good answer, all I can give is a guess.  Another reason for S&D to try to define the hobby a bit more.  Alamaze has started more than 200 games in the last three years.  It seems like lots of PBEM standards have started about 10 games in that time, but I don't really know, not really trying to start a fight, I just think people would like to know. 

Rick

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue #14 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - by Rick McDowell - 10-02-2016, 07:25 AM