Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohorts - a new kid on the block
What makes it different? That's an excellent question. What I'm hoping is that I've used a number of familiar things, like characters, cities and magic in a new and unique way.

I suspect that there are significant parts of the game design that people will say, "That's just like how they did it in ...", but hopefully they follow up with "I like that!" Other parts of the game I suspect they'll say "That's new!" and hopefully they'll follow up with "I like that too."

There is no website (yet) for the game. I had one, back when the game was going to be web based, but when I changed platforms the game design changed too and the website was completely misrepresenting the product. I have a wiki (cohorts.wikia.com), but it's also out of date at this point. The wiki references the module Veil of Entropy wiki, but it is also incomplete and a bit out of date as well.

I've got Facebook group set up "Cohorts Game System" where I post weekly status reports and upload various screen shots and videos. I mostly use it to solicit feedback on the game's design.

Is this the first game I've designed? Well, I would say yes and no. The game has gone through many iterations over the past 20 years. The current version looks nothing like the original version, but it still shares many of the basic roots. I used to develop games for Coleco, Atari and the Commodore 64 back in the mid 80's, but I'm not sure that they count any more. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-01-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by ixnay - 09-01-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-01-2016, 08:37 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-02-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-02-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by ixnay - 09-02-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-02-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by ixnay - 09-06-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-06-2016, 12:47 PM