Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohorts - a new kid on the block
(09-01-2016, 07:50 PM)ixnay Wrote: That's an awful tiny amount of information you're giving us, Paul. What genre? Play by web or email? What does modular mean? Want to write an article about it? Need play testers?

Yes, I suppose it was.  I'm new to these sort of forums, so I thought keeping my post brief would be a good start.

The genre is fantasy/medieval.  The game world is made up of primarily 4 major types of units:  Characters, Military Units, Agents and Cities.  The name Cohorts comes from the double-play on Cohorts as friends and Cohorts as a size of military unit.

The game is neither web or email.  It's Windows 10 desktop and/or Xbox One based.  All turns are submitted electronically through the game system and processed by the game servers at appropriate intervals.  The current interval choices for a game are On Demand, Twice Weekly and Once Weekly.

Modular means that Cohorts is a game system that can run entirely different game worlds, depending on the module designer's choice as to how the game should be played.  The first module I'm making is called Veil of Entropy.  It's a high-magic world of Gods and Mortals fighting for survival.

I've already submitted an article to Grim Finger for Issue #14 of S&D.  It's not entirely about the game, but the game plays a pretty big role in the article.

Yes, I'm looking for play testers.  As I mentioned, the game is in Alpha Test right now, which means that it's far from complete.  There is enough there though that players can take a starting set of 5 characters and start adventuring around (a subsection) of the world.  Anybody that wants to play should send me an email and I'll add them in.

Messages In This Thread
Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-01-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by ixnay - 09-01-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-01-2016, 08:37 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-02-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-02-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by ixnay - 09-02-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-02-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by ixnay - 09-06-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Cohorts - a new kid on the block - by Angerak - 09-06-2016, 12:47 PM