Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gad Games Update: Ilkor's website has launched!!
(07-03-2011, 12:37 AM)Cortrah Wrote: Looks great guys. I love the color palette and graphics. The two column style looks like it will provide for readability on phones as well as computers. I'll check on my phones at some point and let you know if it doesn't show up well. At one point the green image used for the background ends for really tall monitors. Looks like it's about 900 pixels tall, but I expect you are already aware of that. If not let me know and I'll send you a screen capture.

Psyched to see things moving along at a nice clip and the game looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks for the feedback and I've glad to hear you are liking what you see...at least so far :-)

Thanks for pointing out the image issue on tall monitors. It is something we are aware of and hope to address soon. It is difficult to get right, we've gone for what is known as a 'fluid layout' which means the site should within reason resize automatically to fit the size of your monitor. However in practise, while this does work, there is an optimal size and once you go beyond that you may get into difficulties keeping it looking pleasing to the eye. One idea we have is to vertically centre the bulk of the content, keeping our slogan docked to the top and the 'core features' bar docked to the bottom.

As for phones. We haven't tested extensively on phones yet. To be honest we found ourselves working right up to the last minute to get the site ready and launched on time. That wasn't the plan.

Therefore we know of a number of issues and improvements we plan on introducing over the coming weeks. I know of a number of issues on the iPhone for example. It does work, you can read the info, signup etc but cosmetically there are a number of glitches.

Thanks again for your feedback and your positive outlook on the future of Ilkor.

Cheers,

Sean.
[Image: gad_games_logo_small.gif]
Sean Cleworth
Mobile: (+27) 082 377 4344
Email: sean@gadgames.com
Web: http://www.gadgames.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gad Games Update: Ilkor's website has launched!! - by Gads - 07-03-2011, 05:20 AM