Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just an introduction
Even though I do agree to some extent that the internet paid it's part in severely wounding PBM, I do not think it has killed it.
Multi user real time internet games has itself brought a whole host of new problems to the genre. I have lost count of the number of players that talk of griefing, camping, hacking and cheating in one form or another.
Strategy turn based PBM games as far as I can recall, never had these issues and I think that there will be a market for these games for quite some time.

Reading a fantasy book is one thing, but being able to play out the book and live in the world with like minded players on a level playing field, regardless of income or social standing, is an attraction that many games can not address. Mix moderation and imagination can provide gameplay in which many games cannot match. I think that this is where the games of today are lacking. Orders do not add to atmosphere and I think that some of the old school mix moderated games will continue to flourish.

Messages In This Thread
Just an introduction - by Cortrah - 05-05-2011, 06:13 AM
RE: Just an introduction - by ixnay - 05-05-2011, 07:06 PM
RE: Just an introduction - by GrimFinger - 05-05-2011, 08:53 PM
RE: Just an introduction - by Cortrah - 05-06-2011, 03:31 AM
RE: Just an introduction - by Deep Draft -Midgard moderator - 05-30-2011, 04:32 PM