Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Play By Mail Gaming Survive the Devouring Hand of Time?
As I said, I have no problem being disagreed with in a respectful manner. However, simply saying, "You're wrong, and here's the way things are," is not respectful, especially if you are talking to me, or Casey or Sean. It's like a virgin explaining sex to a whore.

(05-23-2011, 11:43 PM)GrimFinger Wrote:
(05-23-2011, 10:10 PM)JonO Wrote: I suggest you reread your responses to just about everything I ever posted here on the subject of gaming. I certainly do not mind being disagreed with and usually learn something from having that happen. However, having my opinions dismissed out of hand and without merit is not something I intend to grow accustomed to.

We each have our own respective opinions, and we are each entitled to them. I certainly can't guarantee that I will necessarily agree with anyone's opinion on anything.

I don't have to dismiss an opinion out of hand, in order to disagree with it. Whether I agree with your opinion or not, or with someone else's opinion or not, is a distinct issue from whether they are welcome or not.

No one on this site has to share your opinion, just as no one on this site has to share my opinion, or anyone else's opinion. If you want to share your opinions, you are free to do so. If you don't want to, then that is certain your choice, Jon. In order for their to be intellectual freedom, individuals must be allowed to think for themselves, and to form opinions of their own. I try to keep spambots from overrunning the forums. Other than that, I extend great leeway unto site users to post their opinions. No site user is required to conform to the opinions of others.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Play By Mail Gaming Survive the Devouring Hand of Time? - by JonO - 05-24-2011, 12:38 AM