Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just an introduction
Thanks folk,

I'm sure I'll enjoy it on many levels and should offer some good thoughts here and there as well. I'm sure Ixnay is correct on the current niche. I'm bullish on the future, but I agree that even if it's just .04 of a single percent, we'll be glad to have that part of the niche. Hell if Cruenti Dei, which is the current game that I'm playing, keeps going along without Thom getting hit by a bus, I'll be happy for many years to come. But I'm glad to have this site as a glimpse into the community as I think that there are fundamental principles involved that make this style of game more interesting than what the popular commercial companies are producing.

I do think that games are more fundamentally a part of the average population's habits than tends to show up currently because of design trends. Many of the features that make turn based games attractive for serious gamers are even moreso for casual gamers and there is no doubt that casual gaming is the only part of the landscape that isn't yet taken advantage of.

Thanks to grimfinger for the site.

One half of the key to happiness is knowing what you want out of life. The other half is low expectations. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Just an introduction - by Cortrah - 05-05-2011, 06:13 AM
RE: Just an introduction - by ixnay - 05-05-2011, 07:06 PM
RE: Just an introduction - by GrimFinger - 05-05-2011, 08:53 PM
RE: Just an introduction - by Cortrah - 05-06-2011, 03:31 AM