Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sentience In Stasis: The Mechanized Tribulations of a Starting Cybernetic
I am not sure if this will reach FEGG but, I am sorry. I didn't mean to blow up your tramp mining ships. As a fellow miner, I understand your pain.
(05-18-2014, 04:44 PM)Tregonsee Wrote: So who is your target? Hopefully an NPC. But you do not have to declare war on them, wastes an action. Just take their planet.

What's the point of declaring war, then, if it isn't necessary to do so?
Declaring war on a player is necessary to make sure when yours and theirs fleets meet, there will be a battle. But since you are a cyber, your agression level is 100% so there will always be a battle unless you are allied with the other race. So in your case, the only reason to declare war is to let the other person know you are gunning for them...

For others, especially low agression types like trade and ag corps, would have to actually declare war on an enemy, or else their fleets may not attack when they come across enemy fleets.
(05-20-2014, 01:28 AM)stocktigon Wrote: I am not sure if this will reach FEGG but, I am sorry. I didn't mean to blow up your tramp mining ships. As a fellow miner, I understand your pain.

Big Grin
I really am sorry. Those ships aren't the cheapest and especially if they already had cargo in them, that's a loss of actions. Even more so when they are doing routes. That just...sucks. So FEGG, if you get this, send me a message and we'll talk. I want to avoid bloodshed and an economic war.
For the cybers out there I would like to try tramp mining a cyberized world to see if there is any differences...let me know I can provide a world for you or take one of your previous targets.
(05-21-2014, 12:22 AM)Nazareth Wrote:
(05-20-2014, 01:28 AM)stocktigon Wrote: I am not sure if this will reach FEGG but, I am sorry. I didn't mean to blow up your tramp mining ships. As a fellow miner, I understand your pain.

Big Grin

BIOLOGICAL INFESTATION MUST BE CLEANSED
Talking toasters must be recycled into usable appliances...
Sitting down to try and issue a set of turn orders in under thirty minutes.

Truly, I wish that the information was organized in a manner that was useful. The biggest enemy in the game appears to be the rulebook, itself.
The rules state: This orders a fleet with a Production Center Ship to move and land on a terraformed planet and convert to a Production
Center. You may then build additional PCs.

Is there more information available for Production Center Ships? Doing an electronic search of the rulebook leaves me in the dark.

I don't think that I am going to have time to figure out an actual set of orders for this turn.

As a Cybernetic player, I really have no idea what is better for me to do. Should I just destroy the worlds that I start with? Is it even possible to build Marine units, or the Cybernetic equivalent? Does that happen automatically.

I can honestly say that I hate the documentation that comes with the game.

I managed to issue a set of orders, last turn, but do I really know more about the game and understand more about what I should do, since doing that? Nope, not at all. As a Cybernetic, I am flying blind. My enthusiasm level is beginning to plummet.