Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue #14 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine
(11-13-2016, 05:46 PM)BobMcLain Wrote: I haven't been able to find him on Facebook. Can you send me a link to his page? There's another Charles Mosteller on Facebook, most definitely alive, but that's not him.

Guys
please look at the date in the article:

Published in The Greenville News on Oct. 25, 2004

This is not our Grimmfinger...
Just checking in for any update.

I fear i agree with Bob, this is not a sabbatical.  

I hope I am wrong, and if not, I hope a Phoenix springs from this effort of Grim's.
594 users active in the past 24 hours (2 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 592 guests).
GrimFinger, walter

This was online today! So unless we are haunted by ghosts...
(12-28-2016, 09:07 AM)walter Wrote: 594 users active in the past 24 hours (2 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 592 guests).
GrimFinger, walter

This was online today! So unless we are haunted by ghosts...

It's probably bots (as in spambots), Walter, if I had to venture a guess.

It doesn't matter how many of those visit, as long as they don't post.
(10-24-2016, 12:08 AM)Rick McDowell Wrote: Grim,

Did you receive the Alamaze article?  I can't find the email address you requested that submissions be sent to.  I sent it to three of your email accounts but didn't hear back.

I don't think that I did, but I'll check back through old e-mails. I got in the habit of not checking e-mails, a long while back. I think that I will set up a new e-mail account, just to not have to dig through spam.
(10-30-2016, 03:44 PM)Rick McDowell Wrote: Has anyone heard from Charles in the last month or so?  I'm starting to get a bit concerned.  I understand if S&D is tied up, or something else has come up, but I've never seen him not respond to emails in the 10 or so years I've corresponded with him.  Hope everything is OK.

The problem isn't S&D. The problem is me. Holidays and a presidential election year have been big distractions for me.
(11-01-2016, 06:04 PM)BobMcLain Wrote: I don't want to be morbid and apologize if I'm mistaken, but this wasn't him, was it?

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/greenvi...=140645711

No apology necessary, but it isn't me. Fortunately.
(11-03-2016, 06:25 PM)Rick McDowell Wrote: Oh God.  I sure hope not, but it sadly seems like it might be.  I'm embarrassed to say I am not sure what state Charles lived in, and he never went by "Jr.", and said he had named his son Titan.  52 sounds about right, self employed in telecommunications seems like a possibility.  In Dec 2014, he said he was feeling better, but didn't elaborate.

I'm praying this wasn't our Charles Mosteller.  Though I never met him in person, I consider him a friend and he did a lot for Alamaze, gratis.  And for all of the Play By Mail community.

Someone tell us he is ok.

Yep, I'm OK.
(11-03-2016, 08:33 PM)BobMcLain Wrote: I believe it's him. If it wasn't, I'm sure he would have posted a denial. I do know that Charles lived in South Carolina, which fits the obituary. As the family asked mourners to donate to a cancer institute in lieu of sending flowers, it's a fair bet that this Charles died of cancer.

Very sad and unexpected.

Avoid the betting, Bob.

Save the mourning, and keep writing. You have all of those ISBN numbers to make use of, after all.
(11-03-2016, 10:45 PM)Rick McDowell Wrote: Ohhh.  Damn.  I fear you are correct, Bob.  We have then lost one of the last champions of our hobby.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.