Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, new to group
Hello,

My name is Tori. I've been doing PBEMs for about 15+ years now and used to use playbymail.com to advertise before it went belly up 5+ years ago. I just discovered this site the other day (not sure if there is any connection to previous one).

Anyway, I am mostly a D&D player and run several games that are in progress online (sorry not looking for anyone else at the moment) and have a weekly live group that I play in.

I am considering joining or starting a modern playbyweb type game again using original characters. I did one about a band that fell apart around 2005 or so. I was thinking about doing a spin-off using one of the characters from that game. Right now I'm just brain storming and not 100% committed to the idea yet but just testing the water to see if anyone else might be interested in something like that. I was thinking about high school characters or college age characters.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself more than pitch a game idea and get a feel for how active (or not) this site was.

Tori
Hi Tori and welcome to the site. Good to have another gamer wander over. I've played a couple good roleplaying games in my time, but never have had a interest in D&D. Just not my thing I guess, but always love reading others gaming experiences and like to hear the story lines when I can.

Sometimes the site is slow, but don't give up on us. If nothing else, post your D&D adventures. Maybe your gming style might earn you a recruit or two. -)

naz

(08-03-2011, 07:25 PM)necromancerchick Wrote: Hello,

My name is Tori. I've been doing PBEMs for about 15+ years now and used to use playbymail.com to advertise before it went belly up 5+ years ago. I just discovered this site the other day (not sure if there is any connection to previous one).

Anyway, I am mostly a D&D player and run several games that are in progress online (sorry not looking for anyone else at the moment) and have a weekly live group that I play in.

I am considering joining or starting a modern playbyweb type game again using original characters. I did one about a band that fell apart around 2005 or so. I was thinking about doing a spin-off using one of the characters from that game. Right now I'm just brain storming and not 100% committed to the idea yet but just testing the water to see if anyone else might be interested in something like that. I was thinking about high school characters or college age characters.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself more than pitch a game idea and get a feel for how active (or not) this site was.

Tori

Welcome Tori.

I agree. Please give this forum a chance. The activity has dropped somewhat over the past month or two, but there are some great guys here.

Right now there just doesn't seem to be alot happening on the PBM scene.

I'm currently playing just one game right now.

What games have you played in the past?

Anyways, welcome to the forum.

Cheers,

Sean

[Image: gad_games_logo_small.gif]
Sean Cleworth
Mobile: (+27) 082 377 4344
Email: sean@gadgames.com
Web: http://www.gadgames.com
(08-03-2011, 07:25 PM)necromancerchick Wrote: Hello,

Hello, Tori! Welcome to the site.

This site is no connection to the playbymail.com site, if that's what you're asking.

(08-03-2011, 07:25 PM)necromancerchick Wrote: Anyway, I am mostly a D&D player and run several games that are in progress online (sorry not looking for anyone else at the moment) and have a weekly live group that I play in.

Tori

Well, active is a relative term, I suppose. I have intentionally not been active here, for a couple of months or more, if I had to guess at how long that it's been, off the top of my head.

I didn't take the time away, because I wanted to. I simply wanted to give others some breathing room from my opinions. When I logged back on, tonight, the site seemed to be experiencing some type of problem. It seemed to be theme related. It's hard to tell being on a slow dial-up Internet connection - so slow, at times, that pages take a long while to load on any site.

Anyway, I upgraded the forum software again, tonight, and that seems to have corrected the somewhat-distorted look of the site. I'm not sure if anyone other than myself actually experienced what I am talking about. Regardless, that problem seems to be corrected, now, since the site looks normal again.

I will be picking up my appearance rate on the site, again. Activity may or may not flourish, as a result of that, but that's the plan on this end, at any rate.

Again, welcome to the site.

Hello Tori, I might possibly be interested in a game if you are stillconsidering it. Though I have never played an RPG over the internet before so iy would be a learning experience for me.
welcome to the website!
Your nickname made me laugh! Necromancerchick! LOL!
I joined this game: http://desotostate.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=16

I am Tabitha Blackwell if you are interested.
I ended up being unhappy with the college game I joined. The mods really don't want to give up any control there and unfortunately lots of areas of the game are undeveloped. Not only are they unwilling to develop those, they don't seem to want to let anyone else develop it either. The game seemed very cliquish to me and if you weren't part of the inner circle you went ignored so I am moving on. I found someone I am talking to about a private game. We are looking at doing a high school game with the characters being in a band. It will be a sim type game probably with a bit of a mystery flavor to it. I am using the same character, Tabitha Blackwell. If anyone is interested you can email me at necromancerchick@yahoo.com
hello.. welcome.........

Sent from my sdk Using ForumTouch for Android
Welcome, I also am fairly new to the site, still learning about it, but seems like something I have been looking for for a long time. Enjoy

Tom T