Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luddite new to PBM
I've been a gamer since the mid-1980's. My friends and I played boardgames, the early Avalon Hill computer games, a few wargames, and Star Fleet Battles.

I fell out of gaming after college and traveled a little more than most. I finally settled down (hopefully for a long term) have been trying to get back into gaming for the last few years.

At the same time, I finally fulfilled a goal I set back in my early high school days and got a vintage manual typewriter. It actually became a new hobby and I know own a fleet of beautiful old typewriters.

I started playing Dippydroid recently (android phone app version of Diplomacy) and realized that I had stumbled across a way to combine my two hobbies.

I'm currently looking to get into a PBM Diplomacy game and perhaps a couple of others as well.
(07-21-2015, 08:10 PM)Braaainz Wrote: I've been a gamer since the mid-1980's.  My friends and I played boardgames, the early Avalon Hill computer games, a few wargames, and Star Fleet Battles.

I fell out of gaming after college and traveled a little more than most.  I finally settled down (hopefully for a long term) have been trying to get back into gaming for the last few years.  

At the same time, I finally fulfilled a goal I set back in my early high school days and got a vintage manual typewriter.  It actually became a new hobby and I know own a fleet of beautiful old typewriters.

I started playing Dippydroid recently (android phone app version of Diplomacy) and realized that I had stumbled across a way to combine my two hobbies.

I'm currently looking to get into a PBM Diplomacy game and perhaps a couple of others as well.

It's a bit belated, but welcome to the site.
Seconded! Sometime in the late 90s I had almost completely fallen out of PBM, but since leaving the active Army in 2013 and wanting kind of a mini-rebellion against the online world, I've been seeing what is still out there. Though the PBM world is a shade of it's former self, it is not by any means dead. I'm back in games of Duelmasters (Duel2) and Hyborean War. I'm in AGE's Crack of Doom. I'm active again in Tony Dunk's Xott. Looking for others, but holding out exclusively for play by MAIL. Not interested in more clutter in my email box and I want to get interesting mail again in my post box.
(10-31-2015, 04:21 PM)tstone Wrote: Seconded!  Sometime in the late 90s I had almost completely fallen out of PBM, but since leaving the active Army in 2013 and wanting kind of a mini-rebellion against the online world, I've been seeing what is still out there.  Though the PBM world is a shade of it's former self, it is not by any means dead.  I'm back in games of Duelmasters (Duel2) and Hyborean War.  I'm in AGE's Crack of Doom.  I'm active again in Tony Dunk's Xott.  Looking for others, but holding out exclusively for play by MAIL.  Not interested in more clutter in my email box and I want to get interesting mail again in my post box.

Ask the AGE moderator to send us an ad, Tony Dunk, too. The AGE Moderator, if memory serves me correctly, was going to respond to some interview questions that I sent to him a number of months back. Ask him to send his responses in, and we can include them in a future issue.
(10-31-2015, 04:21 PM)tstone Wrote: Looking for others, but holding out exclusively for play by MAIL.  Not interested in more clutter in my email box and I want to get interesting mail again in my post box.

Well, if you're willing to pay turn-by-turn for printing and postage, we'll be happy to print your Galac-Tac turns and physically mail them to you.  If you're into space conquest games you can check out our mail-pricing rules at www.talisman-games.com/galactac/charges.