Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An unintended absence
My apologies for the unannounced - and unintended absence - from the site (and from online existence, at all) for the last couple of weeks or so. I had broadband Internet access installed at home, and then my old computer would not function with it, apparently (for more than one reason).

So, with Christmas looming large, a new computer for myself was not in the immediate budget, and I have not remedied the computer shortcoming until today.

It will take a few days to adjust to everything (new version of Windows, new keyboard, must download various software programs that I am used to, etc.). Thank you for your patience and understanding, in the meantime.

Web pages load near instantaneous for me, now. The new, wider monitor screen may take some getting used to, as well. Lots of typos will invariably ensue from using the new keyboard. That much, I already notice.
I have went through and deleted the new accounts since my last visit that I perceived to be manually created spam accounts.
I believe that I have managed to delete all of the spam postings posted on the site during my recent absence.
Welcome back Grimfinger!
Wish you the best for 2012!
Thanks, Walter!

It's good to have a new computer, but all of my old files and software that I am used to are on my old computer's hard drive, including some PBM related files that I had scanned.
Congrats on joining the modern world (with a high-speed connection)!

Your post prompts me to ask -- would you like to delegate some spam-killing duties to any of us loyal site visitors?
(01-10-2012, 03:01 PM)ixnay Wrote: Congrats on joining the modern world (with a high-speed connection)!

Your post prompts me to ask -- would you like to delegate some spam-killing duties to any of us loyal site visitors?

Sure. You want to volunteer?
I upgraded you to administrator level, Ixnay.