Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PBM News Blurb - April 13th, 2011
Project Libertine
Hatch, over at the Project Libertine Development Blog, continues to both code and blog, making progress in the areas of Comets, Ship Upgrades, Shipyard Build Time, and Colony Modules, since the last PBM News Blurb.

-----

SNIFL
There are multiple open positions for managers for SNIFL football (soccer) teams. SNIFL has a long standing community, some of which have been there since the year 2000, when SNIFL started.

-----

Wy'East Games
Dropping by the Wy'East Games website, there is no word of progress on their game, Galactic Empires, since August of 2010. Wy'East games was formerly known as MJM Enterprises.

-----

PlayByMail.Net
PlayByMail.Net has launched a PBM Wiki, and is currently in the process of transferring all of the PBM company and PBM game information contained on PlayByMail.Net's PBM Boneyard list over to wiki format.

-----

Briny en Garde!
Checking in on the Briny en Garde! folks, there does not appear to be a lot of activity on their site or its forums, but there was a brief mention of new rules for the game's restart were in the process of being checked over.

-----

Middle Earth Play-By-Mail Forums
There's been a small flurry of posting activity over at the Middle Earth Play-By-Mail forums, over the last week. One thread, in particular, features players of the game discussing their favorite turn from the various game of Middle Earth Play By Mail that they have played, over the years. Site user Iron Man attached a PDF copy of his favorite turn, and you can find it in that thread, and download it and browse it, for yourself, if you want to. In that game, he played the position of the Dragon Lord.

-----

Madhouse Interactive Entertainment
Madhouse UK, claiming to be the world’s leading turn-based gaming (TBG, previously known as PBM, or PBEM) company, is in the process of revamping its website, bringing a new look to the site that many have long since become accustomed to. Madhouse proudly carries the British flag for TBG design. Their new site currently has numerous links on it that do not work, yet - with the key word being "yet."

-----

Gad Games
Over at the Gad Games blog, Sean Cleworth continues to update the world about the progress of his company on the Ilkor: Dark Rising project, announcing a launch date for the Ilkor website of July 1st, 2011.

-----

Origins
The Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts and Design has announced the nominees for the 37th Annual Origins Awards.

-----

The Hyborian Tome
The Hyborian Tome website has undertaken the launch of a new Hyborian War Wiki site. This long term project is currently in a state of infancy, with much Hyborian War related information expected to be incorporated into this new wiki. Hyborian War is a play-By-Mail game of battle, intrigue, and diplomacy set in the unmatchable Hyborian Age of Conan. The game is run by Reality Simulations, Inc., operating out of the company's Tempe, Arizona headquarters.

-----

Duel2
Site user Tripwire has announced over on the Duel2 forum that a new game of Hyborian War, one heavily populated by Duel2 players, primarily, may see the first turn results run at the start of next week.
Dammit Grim! If you keep telling everybody about my progress I'm gonna have to keep making progress! Wink

Hatch
(04-14-2011, 03:16 AM)Hatch Wrote: Dammit Grim! If you keep telling everybody about my progress I'm gonna have to keep making progress! Wink

Hatch

Glad to see that you're catching on, Hatch.

Blog-wise, your game is progressing at a rather brisk pace, or so it seems on my end. It's a great blog. You're actively programming and blogging about your progress. You set a very positive example, in that regard.

It's easier to follow your progress than it is, say, Jon's progress over at Rimworlds, although his game's wiki site is really starting to take shape.

I don't visit all of the sites that I track for the PBM News Blurb each time that I get ready to do a new instance of the Blurb. Your site shows steady progress, and certainly of late. That's why I listed it first in the PBM News Blurb, this time around.

Some sites are visually burdensome to me, and it is hard to read what's posted there, so those sites don't tend to get as much focus by me in the PBM News Blurb. It was really great to see the Madhouse site being revamped, even though their old site was not difficult for me to read. I wasn't expecting it, and that made it all the better.

Of course, I even try to make the rounds, from time to time, at sites that show little, if any, signs of life on them.