Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islander 18 Just Published
As the first of what I hope to be sporadic posts on this part of the Forum assigned to The Isles, I'm posting the front page of the Islander issue 18. The Islander is a regular pamphlet produced to give players a general overview, news, rumours and developments in the Game of Outcasts - Its sent out with turns to players and is produced at least every month - Normally produced in PDF format its compatible with almost all types of OS - It usually has a decent amount of graphical content to make it interesting to read.

In the past The Islander has been produced by players, a faction with the game loyal to Shadowalker and even as a drunken rambling of a dying leper prophesying the destruction of the Guild (!) - the infamous issue 13, now banned in Guild-controlled Towns.

In the next few months I may be contacting players from last year who were submitting regular turns to see if they want to resume playing, but in the meantime we have a very small core of 'old' players moving the game narrative forward and keeping things going

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Roy - it's great to see that this game is still progressing. While I only participated in four turns of your game back in 2019 before you put the process on hold, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience that I did have and hope you will expand the player base in the future.

I wrote about my experience playing The Isles for the upcoming issue of Suspense & Decision. The article I wrote is now almost 18 months old, so it feels like a distant memory.
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
18 months? Well, at least anything you divulge about the goings-on in the game won't be a spoiler for people :-)
The article does not cover anything within the game world itself. It’s spoiler-free!
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.