Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggestion - revisit fora names and layout
Just a suggestion -- much of the top of the forum page is taken up by administrative stuff, like "website related" and "pbm wiki" and "submit your ideas".  Might want to reshuffle things to put the most interesting bits at the top.

- move the S&D or PBM Games uber-forums to the top, and move PlayByMail.net down

- break out the Games sub-fora into categories, for easier sorting and to help people find what they're looking for, like "open-ended games, close-ended games, RPGs, etc" or "space-themed, fantasy-themed, etc" or "steady classics, new and hot, inactive, etc"

- Games Seeking Players appears to not need a sub-forum - no need for an extra click
(08-13-2019, 03:03 PM)ixnay Wrote: Just a suggestion -- much of the top of the forum page is taken up by administrative stuff, like "website related" and "pbm wiki" and "submit your ideas".  Might want to reshuffle things to put the most interesting bits at the top.

That's because someone else suggested that I change it that way. We can always revamp it again, though.

(08-13-2019, 03:03 PM)ixnay Wrote:  - move the S&D or PBM Games uber-forums to the top, and move PlayByMail.net down

See if what I changed it to is better.

(08-13-2019, 03:03 PM)ixnay Wrote:  - break out the Games sub-fora into categories, for easier sorting and to help people find what they're looking for, like "open-ended games, close-ended games, RPGs, etc" or "space-themed, fantasy-themed, etc" or "steady classics, new and hot, inactive, etc"

I am about to leave, here at home, so feel free to revise it. You already have access to change the forum structure.

(08-13-2019, 03:03 PM)ixnay Wrote:  - Games Seeking Players appears to not need a sub-forum - no need for an extra click

Fix it with the other.
http://playbymail.net/mybb/showthread.php?tid=130549