Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takamo Universe
I just want to encourage everyone to hop over to Kick Starter and check out Takamo Universe. I was an original play tester back in 1982, and continued to play the game for a long time by "snail mail." I played again when it evolved into a play by e-mail game. It is coming back, and it will be better than ever. It is a massive multi-player strategic space game that is real time and never ends. If anyone has any questions about Takamo Universe I would be happy to answer as best as I can. Have a great day.Smile
I have a question about Takamo Universe. What's the current status of it?
The game is currently in development with an expected Beta launch date in December 2014.

That is what was said on their website. They have a Facebook page too.
But you can play the original version by email for free. I have signed up and submitting turns

(10-24-2013, 08:05 PM)Gorkon VII Wrote: I just want to encourage everyone to hop over to Kick Starter and check out Takamo Universe. I was an original play tester back in 1982, and continued to play the game for a long time by "snail mail." I played again when it evolved into a play by e-mail game. It is coming back, and it will be better than ever. It is a massive multi-player strategic space game that is real time and never ends. If anyone has any questions about Takamo Universe I would be happy to answer as best as I can. Have a great day.Smile

Are you playing the original game now?
Yes, the original Takamo is now up and runnng as a free PBEM. Go to www.takamouniverse.com and click on the Original Game link at the top of the page. This will take you to the Original Game section.
(04-09-2014, 03:04 AM)Takamo Wrote: Yes, the original Takamo is now up and runnng as a free PBEM. Go to www.takamouniverse.com and click on the Original Game link at the top of the page. This will take you to the Original Game section.

Old memories, back in the day.  At one time, the Meks roamed the galaxy and the very stars trembled.

Some of them.
Some of the Meks or some of the stars?