Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gad Games Update: Ilkor's website has launched!!
ilkor.com is live!!!

[Image: 1.0]

It's a pretty big milestone for us and we're very excited. It's taken almost 6 months of hard work to get to this point.

Please go and check out the website and let me have your feedback. We know the site isn't perfect, its far from that. It is just the beginning, we still have a long way to go, but we will get there, I promise.

We've decided to share this news with only a small number of people while we iron out the major creases during the month of July. We're expecting to discover various issues that will need to be fixed and we also plan on expanding on the game content.

Please spread the word and if the game interests you, we'd be honoured if you signed up for the beta playtest. I know it is far in the future (11 months!), but between now and then you will be sent updates and once we get into the New Year I am certain we'll have some exciting surprises up our sleeves to share with you.

I'm looking forward to receiving feedback. With your constructive comments we hope to have the website polished before the end of July and we can then get back to focusing on the game engine.

Btw, ilkor.com has been written to be progressively enhanced, which basically means the site should run in all browsers (desktop and mobile) with or without javascript enabled.

Cheers,

Sean.
[Image: gad_games_logo_small.gif]
Sean Cleworth
Mobile: (+27) 082 377 4344
Email: sean@gadgames.com
Web: http://www.gadgames.com
Nice looking site.

The counter is a bit off-putting (in that the beta test begins in 336 days), but I imagine it will become less so as we get closer to the date and it is certainly better than not having the start date.

I submitted my information and received an email from Lord Vega, himself. As long as he doesn't start spamming me, I look forward to following the site's progress.
Glad you like the site and thanks for signing up for the playtest.

Yes the countdown is some way away and we were in two minds about your very concern. However we thought it was better to visually show real commitment to a launch date. It shows players we are serious and puts healthy pressure on us as a development team to deliver.

We aren't going to promote the game too much during 2011. We need an internet presence to complement our blogging and also we'll soon need a live site for the GameMasters so they can log in and start creating the world. :-)

So the countdown won't look 'so bad' when we get into the new year :-)

As for the spamming. No, Lord Vega isn't there for that. He is basically your channel to the GM...i.e me [for the moment at least] :-).

You will receive information via Lord Vega but we hope you won't consider it spamming as it'll be directly related to your playtest position, game advancement and 'Knowledge Quests' which will hopefully start later on in the year.

Cheers,

Sean

(07-02-2011, 01:08 AM)paway Wrote: Nice looking site.

The counter is a bit off-putting (in that the beta test begins in 336 days), but I imagine it will become less so as we get closer to the date and it is certainly better than not having the start date.

I submitted my information and received an email from Lord Vega, himself. As long as he doesn't start spamming me, I look forward to following the site's progress.

Sean Cleworth
He Sean,
just saw your website.
Looking good!
(07-02-2011, 08:13 AM)walter Wrote: He Sean,
just saw your website.
Looking good!

Thanks Walter. You just have to sign up now Tongue

Cheers,

Sean.
Sean Cleworth
Already did Sean.
Got my message from Lord Vega already

Big Grin
(07-02-2011, 12:13 PM)walter Wrote: Already did Sean.
Got my message from Lord Vega already

Big Grin

Nice :-)
Sean Cleworth
Looks great guys. I love the color palette and graphics. The two column style looks like it will provide for readability on phones as well as computers. I'll check on my phones at some point and let you know if it doesn't show up well. At one point the green image used for the background ends for really tall monitors. Looks like it's about 900 pixels tall, but I expect you are already aware of that. If not let me know and I'll send you a screen capture.

Psyched to see things moving along at a nice clip and the game looks like a lot of fun.
(07-03-2011, 12:37 AM)Cortrah Wrote: Looks great guys. I love the color palette and graphics. The two column style looks like it will provide for readability on phones as well as computers. I'll check on my phones at some point and let you know if it doesn't show up well. At one point the green image used for the background ends for really tall monitors. Looks like it's about 900 pixels tall, but I expect you are already aware of that. If not let me know and I'll send you a screen capture.

Psyched to see things moving along at a nice clip and the game looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks for the feedback and I've glad to hear you are liking what you see...at least so far :-)

Thanks for pointing out the image issue on tall monitors. It is something we are aware of and hope to address soon. It is difficult to get right, we've gone for what is known as a 'fluid layout' which means the site should within reason resize automatically to fit the size of your monitor. However in practise, while this does work, there is an optimal size and once you go beyond that you may get into difficulties keeping it looking pleasing to the eye. One idea we have is to vertically centre the bulk of the content, keeping our slogan docked to the top and the 'core features' bar docked to the bottom.

As for phones. We haven't tested extensively on phones yet. To be honest we found ourselves working right up to the last minute to get the site ready and launched on time. That wasn't the plan.

Therefore we know of a number of issues and improvements we plan on introducing over the coming weeks. I know of a number of issues on the iPhone for example. It does work, you can read the info, signup etc but cosmetically there are a number of glitches.

Thanks again for your feedback and your positive outlook on the future of Ilkor.

Cheers,

Sean.
Sean Cleworth