Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to sign up and start playing PBMville
You need to come up with a character name, preferably a colorful one. Your character needs a first name, a last name, and a descriptor of some kind - examples might be Dangerous Joe Jenkins, Wild-eyed Bill Hoffman, Henry "Silver Dollar" Cassidy.

Then, send me your character info via e-mail to: grimfinger@playbymail.net

You don't have to subscribe to PBM Chaos, in order to play, but you will need to read/browse each new issue of PBM Chaos, because that's where all turn results for all players get posted. If you don't, you won't where to move or not move your character, nor where to shoot.

If you haven't subscribed to PBM Chaos, then you can do that at this link:
https://stats.sender.net/forms/bo4xAd/view

If you ever need to look at old issues of PBM Chaos, you can find links to those at this link:
https://forums.playbymail.dev/

Your character can either MOVE or Shoot in any given turn. Your character CANNOT move to a location where another character who is alive is at. If you try to do that, your move order will fail. 

Your character CAN move into a location where a character lies dead. We haven't had this situation, yet, but if two or more characters try to move into the same location, only one of them will get that location. The others will be shit out of luck.

You don't have to worry about loading/reloading your gun, and you don't have to worry about running out of ammunition. You aim by Shooting at a location. You may hit your target, or you may miss your target.

When you move, you can only move one location distance from your character's current location. If you aren't sure if you can move or shoot to/at a particular location, then you can always e-mail me and ask me.

Life isn't fair, so the game isn't fair. Life in the Wild West isn't fair. It's downright rough, at times. It's easy to get wounded. It's easy to die. The more characters that pour out into the streets of PBMville, the more crowded the streets become, and the more dangerous they become.