Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 modest proposals
1. I will email Grim to see if he wants help with issue 20. If anyone has submitted articles to him, maybe send a copy to me and I can start forming them up. If nothing else, I'll write up a Tribal Starfleet Trade Report for his consideration.

2. I will have a crack at Galac-tac over this holiday weekend.  Solo game, just to learn the mechanics.  I will either live-blog it here, or keep a log as I go and post it here when done. This in prep for a future competitive game against any and/or all of you.

3. I will train any of you up on a board game online. This may include a zoom session, but that's not essential. How many of you are up for it?
 - just one other person? "A Few Acres of Snow" is a masterpiece 2-player game on the French & Indian War
 - 2-4 other people? Terra Mystica is excellent, teachable, and has bottomless strategies
 - more than 4 others? DIPLOMACY!  We'll live-blog it here!
updates

1. as posted elsewhere, I am doing issue 20 with Grim's blessing, and we'll see how it goes!

2. I have been reading up on Galac-tac - read most of the S&D articles, and started up a new solo game. I'm midway through rereading the rules, though I'm told the game wizards at Talisman Games are working on a rewrite!

3. Nobody here is taking me up on my boardgame offer. I will have to get one of my other pals to agree to a public session write-up. Still not too late, though, in case anyone wants to have a go at it.
I've got one volunteer. Terra Mystica is not ideal at 2-player, so unless someone else speaks up "today" to join in a TM game, we'll do A Few Acres of Snow, and report here!
I look forward to seeing your notes on Galac-Tac. I'm relatively new as well and find it an interesting and challenging game.
(11-26-2020, 08:59 PM)ixnay Wrote: 1. I will email Grim to see if he wants help with issue 20.

I've e-mailed you several times, lately, to see how you are doing.