Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prosperous Universe
Occasionally I will stumble upon a web-based game that reminds me of a PBM. Take a look at Prosperous Universe. It's a space economics game. After you get everything setup and running, including the customization of the user interface itself, you log in 5-10 minutes a day to manage things. The game moves slowly (which I love), so don't expect immense wealth and power to come swiftly.

It's under active development now, and many new features are being added. It has one of the best user interfaces for a web game I have ever seen and allows full layout customization.
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
Have you tried playing yet? I would definitely count this as a PBM-like game. I love the screenshots, and the idea. Any reviews you can share?
(08-12-2019, 02:26 PM)ixnay Wrote: Have you tried playing yet?  I would definitely count this as a PBM-like game.  I love the screenshots, and the idea.  Any reviews you can share?

I am playing it, although I don't have any more access codes to give away. I think it's a small fee to join right now in pre-release. The first week or so was amazing, then it settles into a bit of slog. They are still adding a lot of features, so I expect it will improve quite a bit.
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
Prosperous Universe has now opened up to the public. Watch the video above and then click here to join:

https://hub.prosperousuniverse.com/signup
It wants me to start as a carbon farmer? No thanks.
Carbon Farming is one of many ways to start. Based on what I know about you, I don't think you'd like Prosperous Universe. It seems geared toward CPAs who wanted to be Astronauts as kids.