Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riftlords
So far, Riftlords is all about trading.  Later in the game, there are more rules regarding claiming planets, building troops, etc. but for the time being, it's all about trading.  I have signed up for three ships and I'm about to send in orders for turn 6.  I chose the slow game so turn around time is 1 month.

I'm in Riftlords game 1 and it is turn #305.  I guess that means that this particular game has been running for 25 years.

Here is what my 3 ships will be doing for turn 6.

Hawk
Current Ranking: 376 out of 434 ships

This ship has not found a really good price on items to make much money up to this point.  To make up for this, he has spent a turn prospecting.  Alkso, the very first turn you receive at set up, your ship just prospected.  As a result, I have a cargo hold of Titanium and Platinum.  I also have 5 Computer Chips I had bought on a whim on turn 2.  This pilot fancies himself to be a smuggler.  If you get caught, it sets you back financially quite a bit.  The captain of Hawk will be selling off the 5 computer chips for only a 7 credit profit for each.  That is to clear off some space on my way to selling the metals taking up most of my hold.  I am doing this because if I take a small side trip to pick up 5 recreational stimulants and then pass through planet Compaq on my way to sell the metals, I'll pick up 1,500 credits of profit.  Recreational Stimulants are illegal on Compaq.  Not an astronomical profit and not a great risk to my pocketbook if it get caught but a good 1st attempt at some smuggling.

Falcon
Current Ranking: 374 out of 434 ships

This ship just found items to sell at two planets w/ prices that make a decent profit.  Nothing too exciting happening with him for the next 2 or 3 turns.  I plan on turning these items over until the profit drops so much its not worth it.  I made about $2,000 credits on him last turn.

Eagle
Current Ranking: 393 out of 434 ships

This ship has had the worst luck but everything is about to turn around for him.  I'm filling up the hold with gold and heading to the planet Revelation for a decent profit.  There was also a special that appears at the bottom of the turn.  Most of these specials are not available to me because my range is so short and the specials don't last very long.  They have a minimum length of 3 turns.  This special is the planet Lyrae needs artwork for 2 competing museums that are opening up and the planet is 3 turns away.  They will pay 4,300 credits for artwork.  I can pick them up for 657 each at planet Revelation.  He is about to clean up.
Currently playing: Far Horizons, Riftlords, Heroic Fantasy, and Dungeonworld.
can you tell/do you know what inter-player interactions occur?
Currently playing TribeNet, Far Horizons, Galac-tac, Supernova, The Isles and Dungeonworld.
(07-29-2021, 08:29 AM)Fungus Wrote: can you tell/do you know what inter-player interactions occur?

Your ship can display a message that is 73 characters long.  I have noticed a lot of famous and not so famous quotes displayed on ships.  I started putting movie quotes on my ships.

There is a billboard at each planet that you can bid for the use of it on the next turn.  The billboard can have 5 lines of text w a max of 35 characters each.  You must bid higher than the current bid. The highest bid possible is 999 credits.  If there are no bids, the current bid is decreased by 1 credit. If you outbid the current bid and everyone else's bid on that turn, you get to put the message on the billboard.  I have seen more quotes and funny sayings on these boards.  There was one that asked everyone to join what sounded like a faction but it didn't state who to contact.  I am in contact with one guy who put a PO Box address on a billboard.  I just received a letter from him yesterday.  That's right, an actual letter.  It is the second one.  He has sent me a lot of information about what is being sold/bought at a lot of planets.
Currently playing: Far Horizons, Riftlords, Heroic Fantasy, and Dungeonworld.