Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Far Horizons: The Return
I think it is a great idea.  The second option is better as it could be utilized for planet names as well.
for the Order, I guess it'd need to be either the first thing done or the last thing done, to ensure the rest of the turn processing didn't get confused about what name to use. Will investigate the best option.
Currently playing TribeNet, Far Horizons, Galac-tac, Supernova, The Isles and Dungeonworld.
I'll do whatever the players want me to do. Just let me know. Thank you, Fungus.
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
Rethinking. Another approach is to change NAME to update directly. Not sure how surprising that would be.
Speaking of names...I'd love to be able to rename my homeworld. Not urgent, just something for the list.
Raven Zachary in Portland, Oregon, USA. Currently playing: TribeNetSuperNova, KnightGuildMiddle-earthTakamo, and Wraith.
Added rename order for planets.

Created new RenameShip command to change the name of a ship. Still have to add it as an internal order.
Just for posterity's sake I'll chime in about the lost materials..

Back in 2010-2011 I received a copy of a strategy guide and other supplementary materials from Dwayne "Dewey" "oldgamer" W. He had come about those materials from games played back in the late 90s.

Unfortunately after my server crash in 2011 which unceremoniously ended the game FH game I was running, I also lost those files Sad I've looked through all my old backups and harddrives, but apparently didn't save them locally.

FWIW I've also tried to contact Rick Morneau, the creator of FH, several times over the years, but his last publicly listed email address no longer works (and didn't back in 2010).
(10-08-2023, 05:54 PM)Ramblurr Wrote: Just for posterity's sake I'll chime in about the lost materials..

Back in 2010-2011 I received a copy of a strategy guide and other supplementary materials from Dwayne "Dewey" "oldgamer" W. He had come about those materials from games played back in the late 90s.

Unfortunately after my server crash in 2011 which unceremoniously ended the game FH game I was running, I also lost those files Sad I've looked through all my old backups and harddrives, but apparently didn't save them locally.

FWIW I've also tried to contact Rick Morneau, the creator of FH, several times over the years, but his last publicly listed email address no longer works (and didn't back in 2010).

It's great to see you back, whether you end up staying for very long or not. I also appreciate you posting, this.

It's good to see this old forum back, whether people use it much or not.