Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More pandemic playtime!
Awwww... come on! You mean you can't take on a dozen games at once day in and day out?  Angel

Actually, you could always sign up for galaxy #113 while we wait for it to fill. By the time we've got a reasonable number of players to start up your play-time may be more stable. Even if it's not, the introductory articles will get you through the first 2-3 biweekly turns with little to no thought, and then you can use the "suggested actions" button for several more turns to automatically work on your initial territorial-expansion phase for you. By then you'll at least be a few months further along the calendar.

Also, starting yourself a solo galaxy where you try out a simple turn every few weeks whenever you have free time will get you used to the game while the regular galaxy fills up and will make it easier to come up with real turns when the time comes.

If you don't get in on a galaxy when it's filling up you may have to wait quite some time before enough others show up to fill another one, and I know you'd be disappointed if you missed out!
mindmap image for Galac-Tac rules

I've been digesting the rulebook. See attached for my current understanding. Looking forward to testing this understanding Smile
Currently playing TribeNet, Far Horizons, Galac-tac, Supernova, The Isles and Dungeonworld.
Hey, that's pretty cool! I can look it over in more detail, but do you want feedback or would you rather "play it as it lies" and see how it works out?

The manual does need rewriting for clarity and ease of reading, but a lack of available time makes it more difficult. Have you also read the "Introduction" and "Quick-Start" articles (available on the web site and in S&D)? They should get the basic ideas across quickly giving you more time to analyze the manual in depth.

If you'd like to do an ongoing commentary, you might prefer to start a new thread with that subject and put it all in one place.
yeah, I included the mind map as an FYI. I'll no doubt revise it over time as I learn/understand more details about the game.

I'm in the process of reading the associated articles for suggestions to begin planning the gameplay.

I'll happy kick off another thread with my findings as I launch the solo game.
Currently playing TribeNet, Far Horizons, Galac-tac, Supernova, The Isles and Dungeonworld.
FWIW I thought the manual was really good.
Thanks. It does have a lot of detailed information there, though, and could use reorganizing with more introductory information first (as a start).