Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan accumulations
Ok, I give up on trying to do communal editing for documents - there just isn't anything out there that seems like a good fit.

Instead, I'm going to host a "current plan" page where I keep a public list of the stuff I'm planning on doing.  This plan will change as people come up with better ideas here on the forum, and I'll be the one editing the plans directly.

My planning page currently contains some general information about overall game structure changes, which you may review (and complain about) at your leisure.  In addition, I'm starting a series of tiny documents describing specific aspects that we've hashed out here.  I've started with "The History of Midgard", which is the stuff we've talked about here with some rewording to make it more of a "user guide" flavor.  Next I'll want to add separate documents for each faction as we come up with a consensus description.  Keep an eye on the "last changed date" shown for each document so you'll know if there have been changes that you want to review.

I've started out by providing the documents as MS Word files, which you can download and view on your own machines.  However, if that is awkward I can switch over to providing only PDFs (or some other format) for review.  I figure the Word documents might be handy because they're locally editable and you might want to send me changes to some portions of it that way, but we can handle it in whatever way is most comfortable for you.

So, for now, go visit my new planning page at www.talisman-games.com/midgard/plan and start reviewing my descriptive page and first document.  Feel free to leave comments here on the forum (either this thread or on separate threads for each subject, as seems appropriate).

Once we get a little feedback started on this much we'll start talking about the factional descriptions.

Ok?
Very nicely done Davin!
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
(02-22-2020, 03:33 AM)DreamWeaver Wrote: Very nicely done Davin!

Thenkew!

Did you have any comments/suggestions for either the general page or history?

How do you like using Word as the file type?
The general way was done very well, and you have it perfect. Now the History is also perfect and improves on my own version! Adds to what I wrote and expands on it, and you did it better. So I salute you sir. I think using Word is the best way to go. Just keep a backup in a different place, just incase something happens.
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

So does anyone else have any complaints or comments on this?  If not, we can start finalizing the factional descriptions next.
Ok, I guess nobody else wants to change the way I'm doing things here or suggest anything new, so the next step is to start writing up factional descriptions. Since I don't have good descriptions for most of the factions you want to play, I'll rely on you to give me the text that we'll be playing with. Everybody pick your favorite faction and write it up. We can start with some of the descriptions we've done here in the forum, but since these have often changed back and forth during our discussions, let's settle on one particular description to use for each.

For each faction, I'd like to see:
  • Text description, including:
    • Background/history
    • Purpose/Desires
    • Motivation
  • Game benefits
    • Focus or extra abilities
    • Specific game power
  • Inter-factional relationships (where notable)
  • List of rank names (and number of positions if limited)

Let's NOT include skills at this time to avoid confusion later when we actually define the list. But that doesn't mean that some of the reasons for coming up with a particular skill set shouldn't be mentioned in the description or benefits sections above -- that would be a good place to talk about why they might end up with particular skills.

Any questions?
I will do the write up for both the Cymru and Seekers

(02-22-2020, 02:35 AM)Davin Wrote: Ok, I give up on trying to do communal editing for documents - there just isn't anything out there that seems like a good fit.

Instead, I'm going to host a "current plan" page where I keep a public list of the stuff I'm planning on doing.  This plan will change as people come up with better ideas here on the forum, and I'll be the one editing the plans directly.

My planning page currently contains some general information about overall game structure changes, which you may review (and complain about) at your leisure.  In addition, I'm starting a series of tiny documents describing specific aspects that we've hashed out here.  I've started with "The History of Midgard", which is the stuff we've talked about here with some rewording to make it more of a "user guide" flavor.  Next I'll want to add separate documents for each faction as we come up with a consensus description.  Keep an eye on the "last changed date" shown for each document so you'll know if there have been changes that you want to review.

I've started out by providing the documents as MS Word files, which you can download and view on your own machines.  However, if that is awkward I can switch over to providing only PDFs (or some other format) for review.  I figure the Word documents might be handy because they're locally editable and you might want to send me changes to some portions of it that way, but we can handle it in whatever way is most comfortable for you.

So, for now, go visit my new planning page at www.talisman-games.com/midgard/plan and start reviewing my descriptive page and first document.  Feel free to leave comments here on the forum (either this thread or on separate threads for each subject, as seems appropriate).

Once we get a little feedback started on this much we'll start talking about the factional descriptions.

Ok?
Good work!

Although I don't have any knowledge of the following as I didn't come across those in the Australian game
  • Cymru

• Seekers

• Cult of the Dark One Religion
Different groups came up with different factions, and we eventually decided to support anything "distinct" that someone wanted to start.  Therefore, we need good descriptions of all these options so that everyone will know what they're each all about.