Poll: What level should Walls & Towers for Preserves start at?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0.0/0.0 Walls & Towers
0%
0 0%
1.0/2.0 Walls & Towers
0%
0 0%
2.0/3.0 Walls & Towers
0%
0 0%
3.0/4.0 Walls & Towers
75.00%
3 75.00%
4.0/5.0 Walls & Towers
25.00%
1 25.00%
5.0/6.0 Walls & Towers
0%
0 0%
10.0/10.0 Walls & Towers
0%
0 0%
25,0/25.0 Walls & Towers
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Preserves - Fortress of Solitude
This Poll is to talk about the Unfair Imperial Preserves - Fortress of Solitude that even Superman would have problems trying to jump over those 25.0 Walls and 25.0 Towers. These huge cities are on the average 200,000+ protected population. Lets look at the games standard wall size that for every other Walls ad Towers can go up to 10.0 in size.

[Image: Wall-Strengths.png]

So as you can see a standard City could build up to an 10.0 Wall & Tower is 100 feet tall or equivalent to the Great Wall of China. So my question to everyone is what would be a 25.0 Wall & Tower actually be? Would this be like 250 feet tall and how wide would that actually be. Talk about Fantasy concepts, that is totally unrealistic and darn unfair to say the least. I say Davin - GM "Tear down that wall"!

Realize the GM has stated that every city across Midgard continent will be reduced to almost total rubble. That means they will be almost in not any defences at all 0.0 Walls & Towers and the populations will all be under 10,000 populations. Also each of these cities will have at best 1-2 of each of the city building at best, and mostly no factional offices or temples in them. Next the GM has stated that each faction might have 1-2 declared cities, and the rest will all be Independent declared. It should be pointed out that there were (4) Imperial Preserves. So since the world is recovering from the great ruin from the meteor strike, every city including the Preserves should also have destroyed as well.

I think that it might be ok to give the Imperials (2- 4) of these places but state that they are 20-40,000 population. Roll a d6 and results of 1-3 gives you 20k, 4-5 gives you 30k, and 6 gives you 40k. Next give them maybe 2-4 city buildings of each type within these cities. I would give them only 3.0 Walls and 4.0 Towers, and NO other defences at all. Make them build up these places like the rest of the game. They must find the in game resources and pay to run the clans to actually do it as well too.

Realize every faction gains resources like (Retainers, Crowns, Influence) based off of a number of factors like : Number of Cities, Number of Population, Number of factional Offices/Temples, Number of Active declared clans and other values. I am seeking to make this all fair, but the Imperials have always been defined as a Big Box faction. Also do NOT give them any regiments at game start, make thm also build them as well too.

Poll Question: What should the starting Walls & Towers be for the Preserves be set at?
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
FYI -- I would really prefer to make the Imps start just like everyone else and not get any built-in advantages.  But like everything else I'm willing to listen to arguments to the contrary.
(02-16-2020, 06:29 PM)Davin Wrote: FYI -- I would really prefer to make the Imps start just like everyone else and not get any built-in advantages.  But like everything else I'm willing to listen to arguments to the contrary.

I'm okay with that, don't give them any preserves.
Ok resolve the issue then, Davin as you stated in one of the other threads...just do away with the Preserves altogether and just give them 1-2 cities with no defences like the rest of factions.
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

That's what I'm planning on doing, unless someone has some good, convincing reasons not to.
We thank you, Oh Great and Wise GM!!! Next topic is the wall concepts!