Poll: Which factions should be open for players to play in?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Imperials
4.76%
5 4.76%
Boda Family
4.76%
5 4.76%
Getham Family
4.76%
5 4.76%
Roder Family
4.76%
5 4.76%
Merk Verk
3.81%
4 3.81%
SOA
3.81%
4 3.81%
Cymru
4.76%
5 4.76%
Seekers
4.76%
5 4.76%
Buccaneers
4.76%
5 4.76%
Banner Religion
4.76%
5 4.76%
Gift Religion
4.76%
5 4.76%
Ring Religion
4.76%
5 4.76%
Order of the Hand Knighthood
3.81%
4 3.81%
Heretics
3.81%
4 3.81%
Independents
4.76%
5 4.76%
Bandits
3.81%
4 3.81%
Pirates
3.81%
4 3.81%
Blood and Fire Religion
4.76%
5 4.76%
Serkeanar Religion
3.81%
4 3.81%
The Cult of the Dark One
3.81%
4 3.81%
Barbarians (Seakings)
4.76%
5 4.76%
Skelts
3.81%
4 3.81%
Guilds
1.90%
2 1.90%
Brotherhood (Mob)
1.90%
2 1.90%
Total 105 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll - What factions do you want Open for Players to play
Question for the Poll: Please choose which factions do you want to see as an Open faction that a player can choose to play within the game from game start. It doesn't matter if you yourself wish to play that faction, but instead which factions do you feel should be available for any player to be able to choose to play if they so wish to choose that faction.

NOTE: The Naval side of the code will not be available, but if it were coded then would you like to see these factions available for Players to play.
  • - Imperials 
  • - Boda Family
  • - Getham Family
  • - Roder Family
  • - Merk Verk
  • - SOA
  • - Cymru
  • - Seeker
  • - Buccaneers
  • - Banner Religion
  • - Gift Religion
  • - Ring Religion
  • - Order of the Hand Knighthood Religion 
  • - Heretics
  • - Independent
  • - Bandits
  • - Pirates
  • - Blood & Fire Religion
  • - Serkeanar Religion 
  • - The Cult of the Dark One Religion
  • - Barbarians (SeaKings)
  • - Skelts
  • - Guilds
  • - Brotherhood (Mob)
It's interesting that I see people wishing to open up factions such as Guilds, Bandits, and Pirates. I would have thought at least those sorts to be NPC. For instance, there's always the classic Heliographer's Guild that needs to remain independent of player control. I would have thought that all the Guilds should be likewise model-controlled.
(02-14-2020, 05:24 AM)Davin Wrote: It's interesting that I see people wishing to open up factions such as Guilds, Bandits, and Pirates.  I would have thought at least those sorts to be NPC.  For instance, there's always the classic Heliographer's Guild that needs to remain independent of player control.  I would have thought that all the Guilds should be likewise model-controlled.

I selected Bandits and Pirates, but think they should just be independent.  An NPC pirate or bandit is just an "independent" clan run as an NPC that has been labeled as a pirate or bandit -- at least as I see it.

I like the idea of playing Guild.  I'm not sure if players should play the Guild senior positions -- at least at the start -- because everyone depends on the Guilds and they would have to be truely neutral.  But it might be fun playing a Guild clan running around defending their interests and building Guild offices and acting as ambassadors for the Guilds.

Oliver
I would like to see the Guild faction defined. I did remember seeing a Guild declared clan once and even saw a Brotherhood clan as well too!
Ever dance with the Dark Man, by the pale moon light? If you do risk it, it will be the last time you ever will.
I have given this a lot of thought over the years and have talked to a number of GM's about what skills they might actually have and here is what I have come up with:

Declared Guilds clans skill set:

SHP - Shipwright
SEA - Seamanship
NAV - Navigation
ENG - Engineering
MER- Merchant
ADM - Administration
ORA - Oratory

Now it the skills are what they do for a city basically. They have all the Naval based skills that are for shipyards, the city based skills, as well as Oratory skill which is related to the Helios communication based ability. Basically they are a city based clan, although I think there should be a Blacksmith or Smithy based  skills added as well too. Maybe drop the ADM skill and add a SMH - Smithy skill instead.  Remember they create "Manufactured Goods" that are needed for everything. So maybe their skill set should be:

SHP - Shipwright
SEA - Seamanship
NAV - Navigation
SMH - Smithy
ENG - Engineering
MER- Merchant
ORA - Oratory

Factional benefits:
1) Can make Manufactured Goods from metal.
2) Can build ships from resources.
3) Can make Uniforms/Winter Uniforms from resources.
4) Can support Construction projects, with some mancycles bonus.

Defined like this, I think that it could be fun to play one of these clans.
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
(02-14-2020, 04:00 PM)Dark Shadows Wrote: I would like to see the Guild faction defined. I did remember seeing a Guild declared clan once and even saw a Brotherhood clan as well too!

That could have been my clan!  I had a Guild clan briefly before that game stopped.  I had so much going on right before the game stopped... I miss this game so much and am happy just being able to talk about it again.

Oliver
LMAO...you were so close to getting Ambushed! I only stopped because I felt better of it and was asked to not attack you.
Ever dance with the Dark Man, by the pale moon light? If you do risk it, it will be the last time you ever will.
(02-15-2020, 03:51 PM)Dark Shadows Wrote: LMAO...you were so close to getting Ambushed! I only stopped because I felt better of it and was asked to not attack you.

Thank you!  LOL....

So much was about to happen in Midgard back then before it closed down.  I had just became Blood and Fire senior and had some other clans doing cool things.

Oliver
You know I would like to see the Blood & Fire Religion and the Serkeanar Religion redesign both to be expanded on as far as the Cult of the Dark One has been. Oliver since you were the former B&F #1 can you flush that faction out more for us. I would like to see someone also do the Serkeanar religion as well too.
(02-16-2020, 01:33 AM)TheDarkSide Wrote: You know I would like to see the Blood & Fire Religion and the Serkeanar Religion redesign both to be expanded on as far as the Cult of the Dark One has been. Oliver since you were the former B&F #1 can you flush that faction out more for us. I would like to see someone also do the Serkeanar religion as well too.

Sure.  Not sure playing Blood and Fire is where I'm at now, but I can look it over and share my thoughts.  I think having Blood and Fire and Serk in the game are a good idea.

Oliver