Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factions
Naval factions will be nice to also have too, but I have read that the part of the code is not yet been written to allow them in the game yet. Can we at least talk about them?
(02-14-2020, 10:34 AM)FutureSojourner Wrote: The first faction I joined, back in 1986, was MercVerk -- the Senior #1 back then was Cletus Graham and Contract Coordinator was Hal Mayne (played by Jim Early).  They produced two booklets - The Code and The Book.  I believe I still have them in long term storage.  They were very honorable, well organized, and extremely well run.

That sounds like great reference material to add to our documentation.
(02-14-2020, 10:37 AM)FutureSojourner Wrote: An independent clan that wants to be a bandit would be an independent clan that does banditry.  An independent clan that wants to do piracy would be an independent clan that functions as a pirate.  I see no reason to have a "Bandit" faction or a "Pirate" faction.  They are the definition of an independent clan.

I agree - that was the point I was trying to get across.  Bandits and Pirates really aren't factions - I called them disorganized factions just to give them a name to lump them under.  I would expect them to all be independent of one another with no structure or coordination.  But I was getting complaints about them not being an organized faction that players could join and rise in rank through.  That just doesn't sound right to me.
(02-14-2020, 10:39 AM)FutureSojourner Wrote: I DO NOT like the idea of an Order of the Hand faction.  They should be a part of The Ring Religion, for those Ring players that want a more martial role in their play style.  If the game expands and there becomes an overabundance of Ring players who want to be fighters then let them organically split; otherwise, leave them in the Ring.

You know more about that than I do, so let's see if people agree with you.  I'm willing to go either way the players like it.
(02-14-2020, 04:40 PM)DreamWeaver Wrote: OK here are the Sons of Sky faction from Midgard UK with Stephien Wier

So if we don't have big "invaders" for them to fight, doesn't that make them unnecessary?
(02-16-2020, 01:51 AM)TheDarkSide Wrote: Naval factions will be nice to also have too, but I have read that the part of the code is not yet been written to allow them in the game yet. Can we at least talk about them?

Sure we can talk about them!  But don't we have enough disparate discussions in progress at present?  Why don't we hold off on this until we get some of our other stuff settled first?
Davin Wrote:
DreamWeaver Wrote:OK here are the Sons of Sky faction from Midgard UK with Stephien Wier

So if we don't have big "invaders" for them to fight, doesn't that make them unnecessary?

I am only presenting a option of a faction that was Live and players paid to play, they might want to see it again. I am presenting what was, am not saying no to anything. All factions that were Live and people paid to play in the past should be presented to all to see and then decide on.
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
Davin Wrote:
DreamWeaver Wrote:OK here are the Sons of Sky faction from Midgard UK with Stephien Wier

They were anti Imperials, so if the Imperials are not Invaders then would be against the Barbarians. You need to set in STONE the back history of the Imperials first, before you can judge the Sons of Sky.
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
I don't have a problem considering whatever we like - I just wanted to point out that their goals didn't really fit what we've been discussing elsewhere.