Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factional Redesign of The Gift
(01-07-2020, 10:02 PM)DreamWeaver Wrote: Many of the different factions offered other benefits at different levels like the example I gave of: (11) Gift temples, (21) Gift temples, and at (30) Gift temples (that would make the complex of a Cathedral).  Some factions used different levels like (6), (15), (25) and (30).  The factions can redesign what these levels could be and what the level gives you.

Question:  I don't recall their being any particular limiting factor in building temples/offices in a city.  Shouldn't there be some sort of maximum number possible for a given city population?  (IOW, I wouldn't want to see hundreds of temples in a city of a few thousand people, right?)
Actually I have never seen any level limits ever proposed, but it was rare that cities had that level buildings built up to great levels to really matter. The only cities that I ever saw that, were the Cymru cities. Their rule of thumb was to build up a cities Annex to 30. They then built 1 city building per annex (Education, Cultural, Armories, Hospital, Guild Halls, Ippodrones) then 30 factional buildings and at level 30 Factional building is some special building type. For the Seekers it was a Great Library. Most cities honestly were not anywhere near these levels, that was because most were not builders.

Maybe state that it is 1 city building type per annex, and cap the factional Offices or Temples at (30). For (30) Temples, that is a Cathedral with special ability for reaching that level. Your going to have to work that out with the players.
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
I feel the Gift redesigned with both the Building and returning the Healing back to them would be a good game faction to have within the game. I would be proud to run them and would be happy to work as a Gift Senior again. I also know I could fill out the faction with both players and clans again.

Skills: are important to me and they help me better understand the character of a faction and clan

PRE - Preach
REC - Recruitment
ENG - Engineering
HRB - Herbalism
APT - Apothocary

I would state a starting clan might set up their skills as follows:

Ldr: PRE-2, REC-2, ENG-1, HRB-1, APT-1
 F1: ENG-1
 F2: ENG-1
 F3: ENG-1
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

See if you can convince the others of your vision.  I'm trying to "play judge" here and just keep the game system fair and fun.  I'd prefer to rely on the players themselves to tell me what factional choices they want to have available for play.
I also would like to add ONE MORE detail....

Being that the Gift are using "skills" to heal people, can they also have the God given Power to "Lay Hands" on the wounded and actually "magically" heal a wound as well? This would be similar to the Ring's Divination power?

I was thinking...to make the Religions of Midgard more than just a paper lion...give them some Holy Faith power granted by God

The Ring have Divination Power - gives the Ring through Special Action to ask a question and maybe get a answer  from God (the GM).

The Gift should have Healing Power - gives the Gift the power to "heal" what that means all depends on the Special Action and what is needed.

The Banner should have Bless Power - gives the Banner the power to get a bonus in combat or some other Special Action requested need.

All of these add color to these faiths and makes them all very much different from each other. Remember they are "Faiths" and that has to mean something in the game to allow for a different point of view.

[Image: Gift-Healing.png]

[Image: Gift-Healing-02.png]

Maybe for a character to be granted such power of healing, they must have the following:

PRE-3, HRB-3, APT-3

Most likely it will be the Clan Leader  that has these skills, but followers could also have it. This way not everyone would have the ability, and it would need to be pursued by the players in game to get such ability. Even once they they get the ability, it would be more of a Faith and Roleplaying perk than a real everyday use in the game.

OK I am sorry the above approach is a pure manual approach to this process as it was before within the game. Now as it has been explained to me that the Divination ability that the Ring had was not actually within the code but rather handled by the GM through the a special action and that the GM would read the SA and decide what to reply from there. No code at all.

Now what I am defining how the GM might do it in a manual approach once again, BUT he could also code it as a formula where it looks at a character and if they have "x-3""y-3""z-3" then they can do this. It is kind of just giving a idea of what it might be based on. I guess I am just stuck in that old way of thinking Davin, sorry. Easier to say just code it than actually doing it.

I'm a badddddddddddddddddddd Boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  Angel

I'd be worried about adding "real magic" to a game that's based on a time in our history and such things didn't exist.  I'd also worry that if we start down that path then players might want lots of magical things added for what they feel is justifiable reasons.  This would drastically change the flavor of the game, and I'm not sure everyone would welcome it.  It would also have the potential to seriously disturb game balance.  I think I'd need some serious convincing that such a thing would benefit the whole game system.
Well firstly it is based of "faith" in a God and the "magic" is give to those followers in that faith. Thus if you believe and follow the "True Faith" then you too can share the Power that GOD grants his loyal followers!