Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factional Redesign of The Roder
Brick 
Here are the topic questions that are needed answering? Just copy and paste these below bullet point questions into your post and add your thoughts.

• Factional Name: The Roder Family

•The primary purpose for the faction to exist?
•What distinguishing feature does this faction have?
• What specific in-game benefit can this faction have?
•What makes this faction interesting and fun to play?
•What (usually mutual) factional enemies?
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
• Factional Name:
The Roder Family

•The primary purpose for the faction to exist?

The Roder Family are more like the Rohirrim of the Lord of the Rings, or the Horse-Lords Warriors. there skill as Mounted troops makes them very unique and skilled in combat. If they work in conjunction with the Boda warriors they would sweep any field. They believe the Imperials are Invaders and want to see the Imperials driven from Midgard.

•What distinguishing feature does this faction have?

The Roder are Knights in shinning Armor MHI (Mounted HI on War Horses), with MMI and MMM troops. Their speed and ability mounted is 2nd to none, and the Roder in time of trouble could call on their people to stand up Mounted LI and Mounted LM in the defense of their cities. Their cities could call upon these citizens for a cities defense core, it is something like 100 Citizen per Roder Ag Station reserve warriors core. Usually 1/2 MLI and 12 MLM to form up in two regiments for use in defense of a city.

• What specific in-game benefit can this faction have?

Bonus in combat for their movement/ability to maneuver their mounted troops with skill and speed.
The Roder AG Station office increases the amount of food stuff on the cities market by  +2% per office, also adds two products: War Horses, and at (15) Roder offices add Spices to the market as well ( can be added to food types to increase to the next level type).
Could call upon their citizens for a cities defense core, it is something like 100 Citizen per Roder Ag as Mounted LI and Mounted LM in the defense of their cities. Half as MLI and  half as MLM regiments.

•What makes this faction interesting and fun to play?

The Roder could be a awesome faction to play, being Knights in shinning Armor MHI (Mounted HI on War Horses), with MMI and MMM troops. I think of the Roder like the Rohirrim of the Lord of the Rings, or the Horse-Lords Warriors. They are very noble in nature and care for the people of Midgard. They are in competition with the Boda to increase their influence across Midgard, but they feel themselves as superior because they are mounted warriors and that the peoples of Midgard look up to them.  They too want to drive the Imperials from Midgard.

•What (usually mutual) factional enemies?

Imperials, Barbarians, Bandits, Pirates

Other Notes:
Skills:

CMD - Command
CST - Cavalry Strategy
CTA - Cavalry Tactics
AGR - Agriculture
HOR - Horsemanship
BRD - Breeding
SCT - Scouting
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Didn't the Roder also have Heavy Missle?

I know when I took over as Roder #1 their ranks were not based on nobility; however, one of the things I did as Roder senior was reestablished them as the faction of Nobles and I adjusted the ranks accordingly.  Clanhold was the capital city of the Roder and was the city leader, with Kevin the Axe, and was trying to make it they cosmopolitan city of the game with level 30 temples to all the religions and level 30 factional offices for the families.  I didn't reach that goal but was tried real hard.  Had several clans in the city working away.

The Roder can be fun if played right and with the right leadership at the helm (no pun intended).

Oliver
(02-16-2020, 02:08 PM)FutureSojourner Wrote: Didn't the Roder also have Heavy Missle?

I know when I took over as Roder #1 their ranks were not based on nobility; however, one of the things I did as Roder senior was reestablished them as the faction of Nobles and I adjusted the ranks accordingly.  Clanhold was the capital city of the Roder and was the city leader, with Kevin the Axe, and was trying to make it they cosmopolitan city of the game with level 30 temples to all the religions and level 30 factional offices for the families.  I didn't reach that goal but was tried real hard.  Had several clans in the city working away.

The Roder can be fun if played right and with the right leadership at the helm (no pun intended).

Oliver

What do you think about the concepts that have been presented on making them a horse-based faction?

(Unfortunately, horses and heavy missile don't seem to go together well.)
(02-17-2020, 12:54 AM)Davin Wrote: What do you think about the concepts that have been presented on making them a horse-based faction?

(Unfortunately, horses and heavy missile don't seem to go together well.)

The Roder has always, to my knowledge, always been a horse-based faction and I think this is a great idea to continue. I also like their use of Heavy Missile. Since they are nobles they have estates and defending estates with Heavy Missle makes sense. Having War Horses also makes sense given their attributes as landed gentry.
The concept of fashioning them after the Riders of Rohan from the Lord of the Rings makes a lot of sense in my mind. They were farmers but when needed they could mobilize as Mounted LI/LM or Mounted MI/LM or Mounted LI/MM seems very fair. Now the professionals would be Mounted HI or Mounted MI on War Horses. Double armed seems very fair as well too.

Also if a Roder city was attacked, they could have citizens mobilize into regiments of Mounted LI/LM or Mounted MI/LM or Mounted LI/MM to fight for their city. I think this would need to be defined more based of the size of the population of the city and what they were armed with, but to me this makes sense.

If they're using their HM to defend their home turf, I can certainly understand that.  But I wouldn't expect them to go riding into battle on horseback with those things.
Medium Missile can be used from horseback.

But not heavy missile (the subject in question).
I changed the HM for the reserve to Mounted LI/LM reversed to fit more with the Riders design.