Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faction #32 Redesign - The Cymru - People's Defenders
I don't see a need for "lots" of players in a faction.  If I get 3 players and 5-10 clans in each starting faction I think it'll be well on its way to being successful.  What I don't want to see is <exaggerated slightly for effect> 50 factions with half to three-quarters of them having no clans at all (or at most one).  I'd just like all the factions to have a following.  If nobody (or almost nobody) wants to join a faction, then we're better off not having that faction at all in the first place and it should be dropped.  If we really need the faction in some way, then we must change it to be more fun so people will want to play in it.  There's just no reason to have factions that aren't going to be played (in an organized fashion).  If we build up to having enough players, I have no problem creating dozens of different factions for them to choose from.

What's wrong with that attitude?
The Cymru were a faction that had (16) players in it I have the senior reports still. Now I think if you want to keep the past history, then you need to return all those factions again to the game. I understand that you do not have the naval system coded completely so the factions that need that simply can not start yet.

If you want the Big Box Imperials to be that way then do it, but as the GM you MUST ENFORCE not alloying Abuse that we say in the past. Like the Boda #1 had a cousin Imperial clan and etc. Stuff like that has to be stopped by you the GM. Now the other Big Box faction was the Barbarians (Seakings). I would just bring back the following factions at game start, and just keep the history.

Imperials
Boda Family
Roder Family
Getham Family
Merk Verk
SOA
Banner Religion
Gift Religion
Ring Religion
Order of the Hand - Holy Knights
Blood and Fire Religion
Serkeanar Religion
Cult of the Dark One Religion
Cymru
Skelts

Then bring these in after the Naval is ready:
Buccaneers
The SearKings
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
If we just skip forward into the future a bit (to avoid having the exact same clans around), then yes we'd either need to reincarnate all the factions or explain why they're not around any more (such as with another cataclysm).  But you're right - there's a lot of abuse and imbalance that went on in the old system that I'd really like to be able to change.  But history "to date" interferes with that.  I don't see any way to keep all the old stuff around and still "fix" things.  Does anyone have any solution for that?
(02-01-2020, 05:23 AM)Davin Wrote: I don't see a need for "lots" of players in a faction.  If I get 3 players and 5-10 clans in each starting faction I think it'll be well on its way to being successful.  What I don't want to see is <exaggerated slightly for effect> 50 factions with half to three-quarters of them having no clans at all (or at most one).  I'd just like all the factions to have a following.  If nobody (or almost nobody) wants to join a faction, then we're better off not having that faction at all in the first place and it should be dropped.  If we really need the faction in some way, then we must change it to be more fun so people will want to play in it.  There's just no reason to have factions that aren't going to be played (in an organized fashion).  If we build up to having enough players, I have no problem creating dozens of different factions for them to choose from.

What's wrong with that attitude?
Factional regiments only to the top couple clans in each faction? Not to everyone. That will probably spread out the players to the lesser populated factions... The underpopulated (with players) factions should make a "sell" to get clans in their faction

Just spit-balling ideas