Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faction #32 Redesign - The Cymru - People's Defenders
BTW, Dreamweaver, is it really necessary to post the same information in several different threads at once?  Why not just stick to a topic in an appropriate thread so everyone can discuss it in one place?
Davin Wrote:BTW, Dreamweaver, is it really necessary to post the same information in several different threads at once?  Why not just stick to a topic in an appropriate thread so everyone can discuss it in one place?
Well I wish you would comment on it in one of them at least!!!
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

Father Morpheus's theme music
I'm working on it - it just takes me time to go through all the different threads and look at each point you're trying to make in order to respond to them.
(01-31-2020, 09:20 AM)DreamWeaver Wrote: The Cymru could have stood up in Kalmar as the People's Defenders against the Imperialisms of the Imperial Republic and the Boda Nobel House.
If the Imperials aren't invaders any more (according to your ideas) then what are the Cymru defending against?  It's not like anyone's "invading" their territory, right?
(01-31-2020, 09:20 AM)DreamWeaver Wrote: So that would give you the following factions then:

- Imperial Republic (at odds with the Boda and enemies of the Skelts)
- The Boda Nobel House (at odds with the Imperial Republic and enemies of the Skelts)
- The Skelts (enemies of both the Imperial Republic and the Boda Noble House, uneasy true with the Cymru)
- The Cymru (at odds with the Imperial Republic and the Boda Noble House uneasy truce with the Skelts)

As to the religious wars, well I think both the Gift and Ring have a place and would work great within the game. However I would take the Banner silent for now and add another Moorlock religion like either the Serkeanar or The Cult of the Dark One and keep the Blood & Fire silent like the Banner. So maybe do the following: The real Religous wars has not truly started yet and both the Banner and Blood & Fire are silent but not stood up yet. If in the future there are enough players with the desire then they can then be stood up and restarted.

- Gift (at odds with the Moorlock religion Serkeanar or Cult of the Dark One, allie of the Ring)
- Ring(at odds with the Moorlock religion Serkeanar or Cult of the Dark One, allie of the Ring)
- Serkeanar or Cult of the Dark One (enemy with the Gift and Ring, wanting to spread all across Midgard and Kalmar and trying to win the support of the people)

I don't see any particular problems with any of that.
Big Grin LOL....I know it takes time! Angel
Brother to Brother, for one and all. United we stand, and divided others will fall. Hear my call, and take up your arms with me as we bring Justice to all. Big Grin

(02-01-2020, 12:25 AM)DreamWeaver Wrote: Update Idea:

After talking with Steve Kort, Bonegrinder, and Dark Shadows one of the greatest problems Midgard of the past had was the vast distances that were in the game and had to be travelled. Since the Naval side of things will NOT be in play, that means it will take a long time to reach anywhere in the game. So then maybe what we should do is put everyone on just the Midgard continent.

I agree that opening multiple continents right now is just too much.  We may even try to start everyone just in one smaller area of Midgard and that way they can expand as they eventually find that area too developed, crowded and constraining.
I differ in my opinion from Steve, as I always had issues with the factions of the past. Basically it is why the game never had a huge following of players, it did have extremely dedicated players that were die-hards, but it never had lots of players. Now remember we are talking about over 20+ years ago now and many of those former players have even passed on, and you must get new players n the game to survive. Plus the new gamers want different things than the older players had wanted. This is opening a huge can of worms here, but I feel the game needs a major over haul to survive. Restore the stale older game will not fly on it's own.

(02-01-2020, 12:25 AM)DreamWeaver Wrote: So we will have both the Imperial Republic and Boda Nobel House will be in northern Midgard mostly. Then the Skelts will be in Sothern Midgard in the forests. The Cymru The People's Defenders will be anywhere and everywhere on the Midgard content. Now as to the religions I would have both the Gift and Ring as the One True Goders. I would also stand up the Cult of the Dark One followers of Moorlock. Now I should also point out that the Skelts are followers of the Old Gods and at odds with the Gift and Ring.

Factional relations:

Imperial Republic: at odds with Boda Nobel House, The Cymru, and open fight with the Skelts
Boda Nobel House: at odds with Imperial Republic, The Cymru, and opem fight with the Skelts
Skelts: at odds with The Cymru, The Cult of the Dark One, open fight with Imperium Republic, Boda Nobel House, Ring, Gift
The Cymru: at odds with Imperial Republic, Boda Nobel House, Skelts, The Cult of the Dark One
Gift Religion: open fight with Skelts, Cult of the Dark One, allie of the Ring
Ring Religion: open fight with Skelts, Cult of the Dark One, allie of the Gift
The Cult of the Dark One: at odds with the Cymru, open fight with Gift, Ring

The above factional relations would give lots of strife flowing and plenty to do for all. In the future oter factions can be added into the mix as we have more players.

The internal strife is good for game balance and giving players plenty to do.  I still wonder about your thoughts as to why the Cymru would be opposing the Imperials/Boda if all they're really trying to do is improve the land (so they gather as many adherents as possible).  Could you explain a little better?
I was one of the founders of this faction and greatly enjoyed my time in it and think it would be a great add to the game. The problem I see you continuously bringing up is personal desire to have lots of people in every faction. at no point in the history of midgard have I seen large numbers in many factions even when we started the Cymru I think the best we had was 12 players and just over 40 clans and that was because and Penn and me work our ass off to get those so we can get Zan to make the faction in the game. That sort of thing was not the norm in the game. If you get 10 players in half the 7 you are looking to limit the game to you will be lucky. The fact is you will never have player balance in the game it will always be lopsided and some will be very lopsided. Things may change as the game goes on but you will always have factions with lots and those with few and if people get bored with the limited choices they will leave. The more variety of interesting factions you have the better chance to keep those players.

Just a example several players Penn and me brought into the old Midgard started with 3 Cymru. Later in the game they went down to 1 or 2 and grabbed clans in other factions, because they got bored of the same old thing or doing similar things or wanted to be part of something different. If there wasn't something else for them they would have simply stopped playing those other clans and just play 1. Again that decreases the number of players in a huge game.