PlayByMail Forums
Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - Printable Version

+- PlayByMail Forums (https://forums.playbymail.dev)
+-- Forum: Suspense & Decision (https://forums.playbymail.dev/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Issues of S&D (https://forums.playbymail.dev/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine (/showthread.php?tid=130612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - GrimFinger - 03-03-2021

(03-03-2021, 02:51 PM)Davin Wrote: <whispering>
I wish this forum software wouldn't corrupt long posts after previewing.
</whispering>

I wish that a lot of software wouldn't do a lot of things.

I need more specific information than that to track a problem down, though. Next time, take a screen shot, if you could.

I could always delete the forum, and start from scratch - but we will lose all old postings, here, if I do that.

RE: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - ravenzachary - 03-03-2021

Ok, I made a series of tweaks to the new Suspense & Decision blog site. I will have more time tonight to tweak further.

I also added the new Suspense & Decision Games Index that was going to debut in Issue #20, but there is no reason to delay this appearance any further. I will keep it up-to-date as people send me submissions and edits.

http://suspense-and-decision.com

RE: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - ravenzachary - 03-03-2021

I will plan to post the articles I wrote for Issue #20 to this blog over the coming weeks so that people have new content to read. When Issue #20 comes out, great, but it's been 18 months since I wrote some of these articles and that's much too long to wait.

RE: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - Davin - 03-05-2021

(03-03-2021, 03:45 PM)GrimFinger Wrote: I need more specific information than that to track a problem down, though. Next time, take a screen shot, if you could.

I doubt you could track it down yourself, anyway. It needs to come from MyBB. A screen shot won't help, since the problem looks just like the resulting posted message does.

All I've been able to tell so far is that it tends to happen on long (I don't know how long) posts that I've previewed a few to several times. Once it does that I can't seem to get it to recover.

RE: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - GrimFinger - 03-07-2021

Let me know if your problem keeps repeating, Davin.

RE: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - Davin - 03-07-2021

Thanks, Grim. I don't often post such very long messages, so it may be a while.

RE: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - GrimFinger - 03-08-2021

(03-03-2021, 11:37 PM)Rinzai Wrote: I will plan to post the articles I wrote for Issue #20 to this blog over the coming weeks so that people have new content to read. When Issue #20 comes out, great, but it's been 18 months since I wrote some of these articles and that's much too long to wait.

Well, the new blog is up and running. What's your excuse now, Raven?

Go ahead and start populating the blog with articles. You don't have to post them all at once. Time for you to become a cyborg of content generation. Assimilate the Internet! Convert all Internet users to PBM players.

Also, for the prison PBM population, what do you think about a simple newsletter? I know that there are limits on how many pages that some prisoners can receive in any given envelope, and a newsletter might work better for that segment of the overall PBM population than a magazine.

I have added Lugh as an author on the new Suspense & Decision blog.

RE: Issue #20 - Suspense & Decision PBM magazine - ravenzachary - 03-08-2021

(03-08-2021, 12:20 PM)GrimFinger Wrote: What's your excuse now, Raven?

That it’s 625am on the West Coast and I should be sleeping. There are many universal constants. One of them is that people living in the Eastern USA Timezone fail to remember that 20% of America’s population lives three hours earlier than they do.

(03-08-2021, 02:30 PM)Rinzai Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 12:20 PM)GrimFinger Wrote: What's your excuse now, Raven?

That it’s 625am on the West Coast and I should be sleeping. There are many universal constants. One of them is that people living in the Eastern USA Timezone fail to remember that 20% of America’s population lives three hours earlier than they do.

PBM cyborgs have no time to sleep.